Sunday, May 19, 2024 4:53:35 AM

Pressuring of the cooling system

11 years ago
#652 Quote
Hi, hopefully someone is looking at the new forum,and can help me. I have a pressurization problem, with the cooling system in my car. The engine has been fully rebuilt, less than 1200 miles since, and runs very well. My problem seems to be that the cooling system seems to be pressurizing itself. I spoke with WB, and he pointed me in the direction of the pressure relief valve situated in the neck of the radiator. Unfortunately, this is seixed solid on my rad, and I have been unable to unscrew the little stopper, to retract the relief valve. I'm pretty sure the valve is seized, because, again, thanks WB, I was told to try and push a stiff wire down the hole at the top of the valve housing, to see if the ball and spring moved, which they didn't. My question is this; Have any other members experienced this problem, and if so, how did they overcome the removal of the little screw 'cap' to access the relief valve mechanism? Any and all help very much appreciated. Thanks Phil Posted by Offord4.3 24/05/2012 22:09:13
11 years ago
#653 Quote
Problem solved thanks Posted by Offord4.3 18/06/2012 13:43:55
11 years ago
#654 Quote
Philip, glad to see the problem sorted. I have often looked at that screw when topping up the rad. Did you undo the screw, if so, can you tell me how did you do it and what you found?   Thanks, John Stubberfield Posted by Stubbers 20/06/2012 20:33:41
11 years ago
#655 Quote
Haven't been able to remove the top of the relief valve housing, still trying to find a way!  Pressuring of system still somewhat apparent, after many hours of removal, rebuilding of water system, new hoses, rebuilt water pump etc. removal of incorrect thermostat and clearing the water ways, so I'm back to the little pressure relief valve! Posted by Offord4.3 30/08/2012 14:25:15
11 years ago
#656 Quote
Hi Phil, is it simply that the screw is seized? if so, I can highly recommend a product called plus gas. It has neever failed me. Do give it a day or so with several applications, and tap the screw a bit with a hammer and screwdriver or something similar a few times throughout the day also. I have never found i in the shops in Ireland and have only been able to buy it from the internet. Can you post a photo of i t? Good luck, Paul. Posted by pryantcc 31/08/2012 06:38:26
11 years ago
#657 Quote
I don't know how to post images? Posted by Offord4.3 02/09/2012 14:43:24
11 years ago
#658 Quote
[quote="Offord4.3":2j3iigo5]I don't know how to post images?[/quote:2j3iigo5] Evening Phil,  I have found that the easiest way to post images is to provide a link to another site such as Flikr but personally, I prefer and use Photobucket.  Accounts are free, the site is easy and fast to use and will provide you with a link that you can just copy and paste into your message.  HTH,  Tony Posted by TonyO 02/09/2012 17:24:45
11 years ago
#659 Quote
[quote=&quot;Offord4.3&quot;:9r5t5iov]I don't know how to post images?[/quote:9r5t5iov] Hi Phil, I agree with Tony, and use photobucket.com It may sound complicated, but once you see it work, it's quite manageable. I wrote about it on this thread: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.alvisoc.co.uk/aocbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&amp;t=55&amp;p=264#p264">viewtopic.php?f=5&amp;t=55&amp;p=264#p264</a><!-- l -->  I hate the thought of something do-able like this limiting the usability of the forum for you, so, if you need more info, please do contact me by email <!-- e --><a href="mailto:pryantcc@gmail.com">pryantcc@gmail.com</a><!-- e --> and I'll write a proper, step-by-step guide for you.  Regards, Paul. Posted by pryantcc 02/09/2012 20:25:46
11 years ago
#660 Quote
Hi,  There are some good instructions here for posting photographs (for the similar Jensen Owners Club forum) - you do not need a password for access to this part of the JOC forum. Posted by DaveT 03/09/2012 09:17:04