Sunday, May 19, 2024 12:21:57 PM

Members list

11 years ago
#1817 Quote
I have now been a club member for approaching 3 years. I have never had a members list. Is there such a thing?  Regards  Mike Wheadon Posted by Mike Wheadon 07/01/2013 09:18:57
11 years ago
#1818 Quote
Hi Mike, there is such a thing, and I think there was some discussion on it recently regarding the merits of having paper/electronic versions. I think that you may have just missed the last issue because I haven't been a member for much longer than you and I did receive a paper list a few years ago. Posted by pryantcc 11/01/2013 22:35:54
11 years ago
#1819 Quote
Hi Mike  Yes, there is a members' list which will be updated soon. If you replied to the census last year and sent your details to Anne and Colin Hall at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:membership@alvisoc.org">membership@alvisoc.org</a><!-- e -->, you'll be in it.... Posted by Philip 14/01/2013 11:41:51
11 years ago
#1820 Quote
[quote=&quot;Philip&quot;:fj7keo5b]Hi Mike  Yes, there is a members' list which will be updated soon. If you replied to the census last year and sent your details to Anne and Colin Hall at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:membership@alvisoc.org">membership@alvisoc.org</a><!-- e -->, you'll be in it....[/quote:fj7keo5b]  Hi Philip. Thank you for the information. I am not sure why members do not have this to hand easily as it seems that Red Triangle have a club members list for mailing purposes. This list would be really useful for club members and is probably all most members require.  Regards  Mike Posted by Mike Wheadon 28/01/2013 18:29:34
11 years ago
#1821 Quote
Hi Mike,  I believe the most recent Members List dates from April 2007 which was sent to all members at the time. It`s still useful up to a point but as you can imagine an update is really now necessary but no doubt a huge job. I`m told the new list will be circulated soon.  Regards, Cliff Thompson Posted by cjt 29/01/2013 18:21:04
10 years ago
#1822 Quote
AMOC used to publish a members list annually and send it to each of their members… Can / Do the AOC do the same..?  Mark. Posted by Mark T Boldry 05/11/2013 11:14:08
10 years ago
#1823 Quote
The last printed membership list was done in October last year. In future, the list will be available online to members on the new AOC website - which I think is due to launch before the end of this year Posted by Philip 05/11/2013 11:54:43
10 years ago
#1824 Quote
I applaud the efforts on the updated membership list.  I am most hopeful that it will be readily searchable, on the club website.  If it works as it should, I would think it would save much time and resources to do the updating on line.  As frustrating as the Internet is, if more Alvis folks would use the various forums, it is my thought that we,as a group, could invigorate our corner of the hobby.  The sharing of information is invaluable for we newer members that do not have the years of experience that our senior members have.  Keep up the good work and I hope to see the improvements/AOC updates soon. Alan Posted by alsfarms 06/11/2013 22:53:22
10 years ago
#1825 Quote
...but there is no substitute for turning up to a meeting, blowing the throth off a couple of pints, and discussing technical issues with the sages that always turn up, regular as clockwork.  The majority of members seem to have forgotten this essential activity, which is unfortunate, and new members never seem to try it at all.  If all the AOC ends up at is an internet forum and a magazine, it will be a shame. Posted by Angus D'Arcy-Drake 08/11/2013 09:20:13
10 years ago
#1826 Quote
Alan ,your wishes about the new website are gradually being fulfilled .It is quite a complex project. I do so agree with Angus. Take the car to the noggin, lift the bonnet, and solutions instantly surface!!  Vic Round Posted by Vic Round 20/01/2014 23:30:54